D + LLVM?

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Fri Aug 3 09:34:17 PDT 2007

"Tomas Lindquist Olsen" <tomas at famolsen.dk> wrote in message
news:f3mp43$235j$1 at digitalmars.com...
> I have been playing around with merging the DMD frontend and LLVM for
> about
> a week now. It's not a really serious attempt, but it's going a lot better
> than I had thought it would. I had not planned to announce anything, but
> since this post has arrived I thought I'd let out the secret.

I've been working on writing stubs and such to at least get the DMD frontend
to compile and I'm curious how you handled DMD's tocsym.c and todt.c files.
Did you:

1. Rip them out (like I think I've heard DMC does)?
2. Keep them, but gut the function bodies?
or
3. Leave them intact and recreate all of the backend stuff they reference?
(Like I tried but ultimately gave up on)