GDC release 0.24

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Aug 22 11:28:25 PDT 2007

Jason House wrote:

>> Ready-to-run packages for MinGW and Xcode have been posted at:
>> http://gdcwin.sourceforge.net and http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net
>
> Potentially stupid question...  How do I use the MinGW package with tango?
>
> gdc *.d -I $TANGOIMPORTDIR
> Error: no property 'toUtf8' for type 'object.TypeInfo'

Not stupid question, the MinGW GDC package will overwrite your
object.d and libgphobos.a - so you probably have to reinstall
Tango. The patch for SVN 139 should be valid for GDC 0.24 too.

The "easiest" would probably be to save a copy of those two
before doing the upgrade, and flip them back after it's done.
But the package doesn't do this for you automatically, sadly.

--anders