GDC release 0.24

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Aug 22 12:17:06 PDT 2007

Jason House wrote:

>> Not stupid question, the MinGW GDC package will overwrite your
>> object.d and libgphobos.a - so you probably have to reinstall
>> Tango. The patch for SVN 139 should be valid for GDC 0.24 too.
>
> I'm not familiar with the patch for sVN 139.  Can you expand on this?

It used to work like this: the regular version of Tango worked
with the GDC 0.23 version. If you wanted to use a newer version
(such as "revision 139" from the "SVN trunk" - i.e. Subversion)
then you applied the Tango patch that was found in "patches/".

> Actually, I was using dmd prior to this.  I don't have a previously working copy of gdc with tango.

OK, then you only need to install Tango according to the manual.
(the patch above probably won't be necessary when the supported
version of GDC is 0.24, probably by next Tango release or so ?)
See http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/UnixInstallGdc

--anders