Ported Gregors DMD 1.018 patch to latest GDC SVN (r127)

Ingo Oeser ioe-news at rameria.de
Fri Jul 20 12:31:40 PDT 2007

Hi Gregor,

Gregor Richards wrote:
> When I made my 1.018 patch, I actually worked against SVN, I just made
> the patchfile against 0.23 because it's not a moving target.

Yes, but I want more rapid progress in that area. I'm coming
from linux kernel development and that is about 65 commits per day :-)

Until I know the innards of GDC and and DMD better, I just try to help in
merging and integrating latest versions of DMD frontent and GCC.

Next step will be dtest nightly run with these versions.

Currently GDC seems to be a one man show, which is not good for
productivity even if David does a pretty good job at the moment!

Thanks David!

The GCC 4.2.0 stuff stopped with segfaults. Since GCC is releasing 4.2.1
soon, I will wait for that.

Best regard

Ingo Oeser, insane bleeding edge D junkie :-)