GDC release 0.22

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Mar 6 23:58:33 PST 2007

Nick Sabalausky wrote:

>>gdcwin: MinGW32 i386, MinGW GCC 3.4.5 ("Candidate" 20060117-1)
>>        from gdc-0.22-mingw32-gcc-3.4.5.tar.bz2
>
> Pardon if this is a stupid question, but I'm unclear on one thing regarding
> trying to compile GDC from sources: Can GDC be built on MSYS/MinGW using GCC
> 3.4.2, or will it fail unless I upgrade GCC to 3.4.5?

For my part I just got bored with building two sets of my packages when
there are now official tarballs from the actual GDC development project.

It used to build OK with MinGW GCC 3.4.2 when I did the GDC 0.21 builds,
but I haven't tried since. The post D 1.0 packages now all use David's.

> The reason I ask is that I'm currently getting build errors, and this
> snippit looks like it *might* be saying I need to go up to 3.4.5+, but I'm
> not sure.

As far as I know, all versions of GCC 3.4.x are supported by GDC.
Maybe your build errors are about something else ? (any details ?)

I used this: http://gdcwin.sourceforge.net/gcc-3.4.2-build.sh
after unpacking GCC and GDC and running the setup-gcc.sh script.

--anders