GDC release 0.23

Wed Mar 7 00:01:18 PST 2007

John Reimer wrote:
> On Tue, 06 Mar 2007 01:16:07 -0500, David Friedman wrote:
>
>> GDC now supports 64-bit targets! A new x86_64 Linux binary is
>> available and the MacOS X binary supports x86_64 and ppc64.
[snip]

> I just realized that gdc still hasn't arrived at 1.0 yet even though the
> stated criteria for a gdc 1.0 was 64-bit support. :)

It was *a* stated criteria, not *the* stated criteria :P.
In
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=D.gnu&article_id=2324
David stated:
---
I still want 64-bit and workable
cross-compilation for a 1.00 release.
---

So I guess the next question would be "What's the status of
cross-compilation?" :).

> I guess gdc will remain pre-1.0 for awhile to see if any 64-bit bugs
> surface?

Always a good idea. No need to rush that sort of stuff.