GDC release 0.22

Nick Sabalausky a at a.a
Wed Mar 7 12:51:43 PST 2007

"Anders F Björklund" <afb at algonet.se> wrote in message
news:esn484$9tp$2 at digitalmars.com...
> Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
>> If I'm understanding you correctly, yours is:
>> A = 3.4.2 or 3.4.5, depending on when in time
>> B = 3.4.2 or 3.4.5, depending on when in time
>>
>> Is this correct?
>
> Pretty much, but you can safely assume that A has been equal
> to 3.4.5 for my build of GDC 0.21 and that I'm not planning
> on doing any more builds of 3.4.2 (the 3.4.5 is old enough...)
>
> Not sure what compiler David uses, but I think it is 3.4.5 ?
>
> I'm using GCC 4.1.1 on Linux, but plan on sticking with the
> system versions for MinGW and Xcode: 3.4.5-20060117-1 for
> MinGW and 5363 for Xcode, i.e. the same as David is using...
>
> In a similar fashion my GDB is 6.3-20051128-2 for MinGW and
> 563 for Xcode, while the GNU/Linux version is using GDB 6.5.
> (it's following the availability of the GDB and GDC patches)
>
> It's mentioned on the web pages, and there's source code too.
>
> --anders

Ok, then I guess I'm in fairly new territory building a GCC 4.1.x-based GDC
on MSYS/MinGW.

The last build I attempted should be done by now, though I'm away from home
so I can't check how that went ATM.

Normally, I'd just grab the GCC 3.x.x-based GDC bins and be done with it.
But there's a reason I'm trying to get a specifically 4.1.x-based GDC built:
There's another offshoot of GCC, devkitARM (part of the devkitPro project),
that I'm trying to get built off of GDC instead of GCC, so I can get D going
on the GBA/NDS handhelds (There's another person doing this on Linux instead
of MinGW, don't know if he's been around here). The newer devkitARMs are
built off of GCC 4.1.1, so I need to get this all working for at least 4.1.1
if I want to get my changes into the devkitPro trunk. I had some build
problems when I attempted devkitARM + GDC + GCC 4.1.x, so I'm making sure I
can get a plain GDC built off of 4.1.x before I merge it with devkitARM.