gdc packages in openSUSE Build Service

FunkyM opensuse at sukimashita.com
Mon Oct 29 07:18:49 PDT 2007

I started to create gdc packages for openSUSE and used the openSUSE build service (https://build.opensuse.org) to make it easier to provide an updated gdc and aim for distro inclusion.

Along being able to automatically generate packages across known architectures the service also supports various distro targets like SLED, xUbuntu, Debian, Fedora, Mandriva and openSUSE itself (Ubuntu, Redhat will follow).

I'd like to call for volunteers to help in perfecting the .spec and create patches as I got some issues with it.

The stuff I am struggling with in order of priority:

- The generated compiler requires -libunwind or the build fails. I could not figure out how to overcome this. The gdcgnu packaged gdc does not require it for instance.
- x86_64 build fails (I think this just needs some x86 specific config/env params set)
- Provide a runtime libgphobos.so
- Provide gcc-d-phobos(-devel) and gcc-d-tango(-devel)

You can find the package in the home:FunkyM project named 'gcc-d' within the build service.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?project=home%3AFunkyM&package=gcc-d

Hope some people can help me on the way to spread D to the masses a bit more. ;)