Mac OS X 10.5

Dave Cheney dave at cheney.net
Wed Oct 31 07:48:25 PDT 2007

On 2007-10-31 23:58:01 +1100, Anders F Bjöšrklund <afb at algonet.se> said:

> It should instead be: if grep -q 'Apple version' gcc/version.c; then
> so that the correct GCC patch is used, and build_gcc needs fixing up.
>
> But then the build is on its way, let's see whether it completes/works.
> (I don't think there are too many differences actually, but we'll know)
>
> --anders

My compile consistently bombs out at this line

gcc   -g -DENABLE_CHECKING -DENABLE_ASSERT_CHECKING -DIN_GCC   -W -Wall
-Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic
-Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wold-style-definition
-mdynamic-no-pic -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -o gdc \
	d/d-spec.o d/d-gcc.o version.o prefix.o intl.o darwin-driver.o
../libcpp/libcpp.a ./../intl/libintl.a /usr/lib/libiconv.dylib
../libiberty/libiberty.a
Undefined symbols:
  "_need_pthreads", referenced from:
      _need_pthreads$non_lazy_ptr in d-spec.o

I have a vague recollection of reading that Leopard included some
changes to the pthread libraries (but I'm unable to find the reference
again) so possibly this symbol has moved location ?

Cheers

Dave