1.0 version?

jcc7 technocrat7 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 08:02:35 PDT 2008

== Quote from Bill Baxter (dnewsgroup at billbaxter.com)'s article
> Kiriakos J. Alexoglou wrote:
> > David,
> >    A big thanks David for your hard work you do
> > to the GDC compiler.
> > I will like to ask you when you will release
> > a 1.0 version.
> Dave isn't working on GDC very actively these days.  But neither
> does he seem interested in delegating any responsibility for it.  So
> it's pretty much in limbo.
>
> --bb

I don't know what's been going on with GDC.

Last month David posted this:

"After the next few updates, I am going to need help keeping GDC up to
date.  I hope the D community will eventually be able to take over the
process of updating to new DMD and GDC versions as well as fixing bugs."

source:
http://www.digitalmars.com/webnews/newsgroups.php?art_group=D.gnu&article_id=3135

Maybe David has been in such a time crunch situation that he doesn't even have
time to accept the help that's been offered? Or maybe he has a different idea of
how active GDC should be?

I know that you replied with an offer to help, and I guess that's where it stands.

(By the way, I guess his e-mail has been "encoded" to fool the spam bots:
ess-eff.net = sf.net?)