Error when building universal binary

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Sun Aug 10 05:19:00 PDT 2008

Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> Can I assume that the -framework option doesn't work? It seems that it
> doesn't but I don't get an error.

I was under the impression that it should work with GCC 4.x (for earlier
versions I made a patch for FSF GCC 3.3.5) But there are two things that
-framework does, it adds a search patch for includes (like -I) and it
adds a library and a search path for libraries (like -L) to the linker.

Maybe the vanilla -framework support in FSF GCC "forgets" the linker ?
You can make it add it by using something like "-Wl,-framework,Carbon"

--anders