Builded gdc 0.24 - 1 error - some questions

Carlos carlos-smith at sympatico.ca
Thu Aug 21 23:27:00 PDT 2008

Well, i am glad. I just builded gdc 0.24.
Just follwed the instructions, and every thing was ok.

I got one error during the build.

The "fix headers" or something like this, did not ran Ok.

The reason being that there was no /local/include directory.
So i just created one, et relaunched make.

==> Eveything looks ok, but is it ???

I have Msys and Mingw installed into different directories.
    E:\Msys
    E:\MingW

I did not installed gdc with Mingw.

If you dont specify any special options, the installation is
done in E:/Msys/local/...

I would also like to know:

==> Do we have to build the C and the C++ compiler. Can we
just build the D compiler ?

==> What do i take in the trunk and where do i put it in order
to build SVN V2 ? (Ok, i did not look very hard!)

==> Is there some tech documentation on gdc ?
I would like to know where is the line between DMD code
and gcc code.
How do you interface gcc and dmd ?
Do you execute all the semantic phases of dmd ?

Please some hints woul help a lot.

I already made 2 little modification to the compiler to see how it goes.
Now i would like to do some more.

Thanks for any help.