cross compile

BCS ao at pathlink.com
Mon Feb 25 16:04:17 PST 2008

Reply to Gregor,

> BCS wrote:
>
>> How hard would it be to get gdc to cross compile to ppc from an x86
>> box?
>>
> I haven't tried it, but I can't imagine it would be too difficult so
> long as you have the PPC binutils and libc installed to the right
> places. I've made a lot of cross-compilers, so if you some errors crop
> up in the process I can probably figure out what's wrong.
>
> - Gregor Richards

To the best of my memory, I have only ever worked on one computer with a
cross compiler* so I guess the real question should be "How hard would it
be to cross compile to ppc from an x86 box?" Also I've never used gdc so
everything but D would be new to me in that venture.

*it was a Green Hills compiler, I will cross compile by hand befor I volenter
to use that again! good compiler, bad interface.