gdmd does not work on Windows

Nicolay Korslund korslund at gmail.com
Sat Jul 5 01:43:52 PDT 2008

The current implementation of gdmd does not currently run on Windows (with Mingw). The reason is simply that gdmd is a Perl script, and Windows doesn't know how to run it. It works in Cygwin but not in a vanilla command line.

This currently breaks DSSS, which relies on gdmd. A simple fix would be to replace gdmd with a native program, eg. written in D. If anyone is interested in this idea, I can write the D program, but I would need some help to fit it into the build process. There might be other viable solutions, like compiling the Perl script to exe specifically for the mingw build.

Nico