GDC on psptoolchain

Karanikolas Kostas k_karanikolas at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 06:11:52 PDT 2008

Lars Ivar Igesund wrote:

> The configure part is probably just something not having been merged
> yet, unfortunately I don't think I'm the right man to solve that
> particular part. The specific errors you get would be nice to have
> though.

Hi Lars,

First of all here's a patch to add the psp as a target to the
configure script. I extracted it from the PSP toolchain patches. This
patch is against svn tango-0.99.7, but it's really simple and probably
would work on other versions as well.
I applied it in lib/compiler/gdc (with -p1)

Now having done that. I tried to run 'build-gdc-x.sh psp', but
unfortunately it makes configure think that my host is also a psp.

--------
./build-gdc-x.sh psp
checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.4.0
checking host system type... mipsallegrexel-psp-elf
checking target system type... mipsallegrexel-psp-elf
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for psp-strip... psp-strip
checking for psp-gcc... psp-gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name...
--------

So I moved on to compiler/gdc/configure to try and get it to work

A minor problem is that even though I'm cross compiling configure
assumes that the "gdc" the executable is DMD, so I bypassed that with an
environment variable
so in the and I ran:

--------
GDC=psp-gdc ./configure --prefix="$PSPDEV" --target="psp"
--enable-phobos-config-dir=/somewhere/myphobos-config-dir

checking build system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.4.0
checking host system type... powerpc-apple-darwin9.4.0
checking target system type... mipsallegrexel-psp-elf
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... ./install-sh -c -d
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether we are cross compiling... yes
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... (cached) yes
checking If psp-gdc can compile D sources... yes
checking D GCC version... 4.1.0
checking for grep that handles long lines and -e... /usr/bin/grep
checking for egrep... /usr/bin/grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking stdio.h usability... yes
checking stdio.h presence... yes
checking for stdio.h... yes
checking dirent.h usability... yes
checking dirent.h presence... yes
checking for dirent.h... yes
checking for sizeof(FILE)... yes
checking for sizeof(DIR)... yes
checking for cos in -lm... yes
checking for acosl... yes
checking for truncl... yes
checking for sqrtf... yes
checking for trunc... yes
checking for nearbyint... yes
checking for round... yes
checking for tgamma... yes
checking for nan... yes
checking for exp2... yes
checking for log2... yes
checking for fpclassify and signbit... yes
checking for execvpe... no
checking for spawnvp... no
checking for fwide... yes
checking for getdelim... no
checking for fgetln... yes
checking for fgetline... no
checking for flockfile... yes
checking for funlockfile... yes
checking for putc_unlocked... yes
checking for getc_unlocked... yes
checking for putwc_unlocked... no
checking for getwc_unlocked... no
checking for strtold... yes
checking for tm_gmtoff... yes
checking for timezone... yes
checking for _timezone... no
checking for snprintf... yes
checking for vsnprintf... yes
checking for mmap... yes
checking for __libc_stack_end... no
configure: error: No usable data segment information
--------
This is the point I'm stuck at the moment.

Thanks