Status?

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Wed Mar 5 06:16:26 PST 2008

Leandro Lucarella wrote:

> I talked recently with Arthur Loiret, a Debian (or Ubuntu?) maintainer who
> patched GDC to compile with CGG 4.2 asking him if he send the patches to
> David, and he answer that he tried to contact David with no success.
>
> I guess David lost interest in GDC. I'd like to pick it up myself in a
> near future (I'm starting my thesis and I'll work with D), but I don't
> have the time to give it all the love it deserves right now.

I used to make binary builds for GDC over at gdcwin/gdcgnu/gdcmac,
but since "dgcc" makes binary releases since "DMD 1.000" (GDC 0.21)
I haven't had to do that in a while but instead can just repackage
the binary tarball, as released from http://dgcc.sourceforge.net/ :

gdc-0.24-mingw32-gcc-3.4.5.tar.bz2
gdc-0.24-i686-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.2.tar.bz2
gdc-0.24-powerpc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.1.2.tar.bz2
gdc-0.24-macosx-universal-gcc-5363.tar.bz2

The packaging formats used is EXE for Win, RPM for GNU, PKG for Mac.
I also made a build of the GDB debugger, with the D patches applied.
But all the actual code patches and changes that I made are upstream
now, except for some pending updates to the man pages (pretty minor)

--anders