Gcc 4.3

Carlo Dapor catull_us at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 10:14:10 PDT 2008

Lorenzo Villani Wrote:

> Since gcc 4.3 was released few days ago I began wondering if the frontend
> builds with this gcc release.

Hmm, gcc 4.3 is not widely used yet.

Personally, I'd wait for gcc 4.3.1 at least before porting D to it.
Gcc always introduces new functionality, which may come with side-effects, no offence intended.

If you start using it, you will discover some of these side-effects and help fixing them.

Gcc 4.2.x has been around for a while, it is installed on many systems.
FreeBSD 7.0, released 2 weeks ago, for instance, upgraded their gcc from 3.4.6 to 4.2.1.

Among the primary targets I see gcc 4.0.x (if at all) and gcc 4.2.x for porting D1 and possibly D2.
This is already in progress.
But then, I am not active in it, so I can stop speculating here.

Cheers,
--
Carlo