Getting gdc working with xcode 3.1

Michel Fortin michel.fortin at michelf.com
Sat Sep 20 14:21:23 PDT 2008

On 2008-09-20 15:48:41 -0400, Jacob Carlborg <doobnet at gmail.com> said:

> Yeah I got it to work when I used dsss as an External Target. But what
> I want is to have dsss integrated the same way as gdc is. For example,
> changing build options, adding build flags, when I use an external tool
> the binary isn't placed in the Release/Debug folder and so on.

> In the project settings->build there should be build options for dsss,
> rebuild and gdc/gdmd.

But, aren't dsss build options part of the dsss.conf file? Are you
asking for an editor for a dsss.conf file intergated with Xcode's
project and target build settings?

Perhaps what you want could work as a new target type custom-made for
DSSS. I'm not sure how much work this is (note that Apple's Xcode API
is "private" and undocumented and thus not necessarly easy to work
with). I can offer some guidance if you want to do it. Right now, in
the limited free time I got, I'm more interested in other things, such
as improving Xcode debugger integration, and advancing some of my other
projects.

--
Michel Fortin
michel.fortin at michelf.com