testing folder in GDC

Michael P. baseball.mjp at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 19:39:26 PST 2009

I have added something new to the GDC branch. There is now a folder named "samples", where I plan to place samples of D code to make sure everything works properly on the user's operating system/configuration, and to show off parts of the D language.

I'm hoping that the samples will help test for anything that may vary between systems. (ex: version specific things in Phobos) If the user can compile everything correctly, they should be confident that they have a fairly stable GDC installation.

Some things that I think would be appropriate to put it in would be a simple program that should compile(void main() { } ), the Hello World, Reloaded example on the Digital Mars D front page(digitalmars.com/d/1.0) and the word count program that is linked to from the D front page.(/d/1.0/wc.html) Some examples included in the dmd samples folder might be included as well.

There is some more about this in the README file in d/samples/README.
If anyone has any suggestions on things to add, how I should run the test, etc, feel free to say something.
Here is where you can check:
http://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/wiki/Home

-Michael P.