GDC and Tango problem

revcompgeek revcompgeek at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 00:37:57 PST 2009

On 12/27/09 9:52 AM, Michael P. wrote:
> revcompgeek at gmail.com Wrote:
>
>> So I tried building Tango trunk a while ago, and it actually built
>> surprisingly well, with only one small error I was able to fix. So I
>> installed the tango library and proceeded to test if tango was really
>> working. So in hello.d:
>>
>> import tango.io.Stdout;
>> void main(){ Stdout("Hello {}!","World").newline; }
>>
>> I don't know why, but I had to manually add object.d to the command
>> line. To simplify, I put an object file of object.d into the current
>> directory.
>>
>> tests% gdc -o hello hello.d object.o -lgtango -lgphobos
>> ld: duplicate symbol __D6object9Interface6__initZ in
>> /usr/local/lib/libgphobos.a(object.o) and object.o
>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>
>> I'm not sure if this problem is an issue with gdc or a problem with
>> Tango. Any ideas on how to fix this?
>
> http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/UnixInstallGdc
> Have you looked there?

Yes, that is the main page I used when I was trying to figure out how to
install Tango. As far as I can tell I did everything right. Like I said,
this could be a problem with the new version of Tango, possibly just
because the dmd frontend version isn't what Tango is set up for.
Unfortunately, the 0.99.8 release had a lot of problems with gdc, so I'm
just trying to get the trunk working.

Should I try posting this to the main digitalmars.D group?