Help me to join your team. I'm newcomer gdc developer.

Moritz Warning moritzwarning at web.de
Fri Jan 9 17:50:25 PST 2009

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 09:08:13 +0800, Denys Bezsmertnyi wrote:

> Hi Moritz,
>
> It is interesting. Could you please provide me with details.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -
> Denys
>
> "Moritz Warning" <moritzwarning at web.de> wrote in message
> news:gk4qlu$18f9$1 at digitalmars.com...
>> On Wed, 07 Jan 2009 23:05:21 +0800, Denys Bezsmerthyi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Guys,
>>>
>>> My name is Denys Bezmsertnyi.
>>> I'm expirienced developer and I just had a talk with Walter about my
>>> participation with D lang
>>> and he told me that I need to contact you becasue there is a lot of
>>> gnu D work (Walter's message bellow).
>>>
>>> Please help me to join your team: I'm ready to get tasks and implement
>>> it to help you with gdc development.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> -
>>> Denys
>>>
>>> On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 8:52 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>>>
>>>    One compiler project that needs a lot of help is updating gdc (the
>>>    gnu D compiler).
>>
>> Very nice to hear!
>> GDC needs to be updated to the newest dmd frontend code.

As you can see here:

http://dgcc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/dgcc/trunk/?view=log

the dmd frontend used for gdc hasn't been updated for over half a year.
Commit message was "Merge DMD 1.030 and 2.014".

Merging the newest dmd frontend into gdc is the main maintenance work
that has to be done for gdc.

The newest frontend code is included in the release file.
http://ftp.digitalmars.com/dmd.1.039.zip
Though, an incremental update following each release might be easier.

Here is also a quick howto for compiling dmd (just in case):
http://dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/GdcInstallation

It would be great when gdc is up-to-date again!

Best wishes,
Moritz