Testing suite for gdc for D1 and D2

Vincenzo Ampolo vincenzo.ampolo at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 02:31:30 PDT 2009

Hi,
This is mainly a message to Walter, Andrei and all the people involved in
dmd and phobos.

As you maybe heard, there have been some commits about the gdc compiler
and in my previous mail in the NG i announced the complete merge of dmd
1.039 and 2.015.

We have a problem now, we don't know how to safely test the newer
versions of the compiler. The dstress seems the only choice but are they
the same tests run before any dmd release? Is it both valid for D1 and
D2? If not, what tests are executed on dmd and phobos before each
release?

Thanks.