Testing suite for gdc for D1 and D2

Vincenzo Ampolo vincenzo.ampolo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 07:55:56 PDT 2009

Michael P.  wrote:

> One possible choice is to make 1 file, for D1 and D2, that we run
after
> each release. It would have to be fairly large, testing lots of
different
> things. If this compiled and ran correctly, it would mean that the
changes
> you made haven't affected other parts of the compiler. So, like
DStress,
> but smaller test case, and only 1 file.

Hi Michael :)

Well, i've played a bit with dstress and it's exactly what you stated,
but instead of being in a separate file, there are many files ordered
in subdirs which are called one by one and checked. The output is
standard and Christian K from ldc had wrote a d program to format this
output to an html representation.
So i think the way is to follow the dstress path and maybe add some
scripts.
Having only one large file can be painful if the lang specs change
(like in D2). In this case, modifying a large file of all tests can be
painful.

See you :D

--
Vincenzo Ampolo (goshawk)