Funds for gdc

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Oct 20 08:18:27 PDT 2009

Vincenzo Ampolo wrote:

> If i'm not wrong (sorry i'm not a native English speaker), he is
> asking for an account for a donation. I think that maybe he is not the
> only one which wants to give some founds to the gdc project...
>
> Well... If everybody agrees (well for now me, Michael and David
> Friedman, the ones which did work for gdc) i can get this moneys with
> paypal (or with one of the pay-for-feature websites). Moneys will be
> reserved to develop gdc in a issue/task basis (for porting gdc to
> lastest gcc you take X, for updating to dmd version Y you take Z and
> so on)

Has Arthur Loiret left the project ? He was doing
the debian/ubuntu packages and lots of porting to
GCC 4.2 and later versions, and some updating of
GDC as well - I think it was up to r209/2008-03-12 ?

http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/gdc-4.1
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/gdc-4.2
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/gdc-4.1
http://packages.ubuntu.com/karmic/gdc-4.2

I updated my packages to r229/2008-06-01 for Tango,
so that they are the same as DMD 1.030 "stable".
I could rebuild them for DMD 1.050 "latest" as well,
if you get the GDC project restarted and released...

http://gdcmac.sourceforge.net/ (Mac OS X / Apple GCC)
http://gdcwin.sourceforge.net/ (Windows / MinGW GCC)
http://gdcgnu.sourceforge.net/ (GNU/Linux / FSF GCC)
But I don't think I'll do any D2 or 64-bit either...

--anders