merging latest dmd frontend to gdc

Michael P. baseball.mjp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:56:23 PDT 2009

Vincenzo Ampolo Wrote:

> Michael you are doing a very good work :)
>
> I don't have time to collaborate now but i could have it in the future.
> What i can suggest you to do is:
>
> 1) stay on irc.freenode.net #d.gdc to meet other people interested in
> gdc.
> 2) publish your work in a RCS. i suggest you to use http://bitbucket.org/
> it's free and you can host code easily.
>
> I think that the problem in gdc now is the lack of organized development.
> This will not change until gdc is a one-man effort.
> This can be a start.
>
> See you.

Hey, thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
I'll make sure to stay on the #d and #d.gdc irc channels.
Also, about bitbucket: looks good, but a question about licensing: the front end code is licensed under the GPL, I think. What do I have to do when uploading code onto bitbucket to avoid breaking terms of the GPL? It looked like all I have to do was ship gpl.txt, and credit the original author. But I want to make sure.