phobos build error

Michael P. baseball.mjp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:24:12 PDT 2009

Michael P. Wrote:

> Hey, I have been doing work on GDC to try and get it updated to a later DMD front end.
> I have been doing it incrementally, and am currently trying to do 1.031-1.032. I have had some problems, like not being able to find a reference to "util_progress"(is it in the DMD backend?), so I just commented it out in the one function that it appeared in. Also an assert failure in statement.c. :P But commented out the assert for now.
> Anyways, I am having problems when building phobos. When it get to math.d, I get problems about {standard input}. There is a log of what happens, plus the errors, here:
> http://pastebin.com/m2ee8a840
> Anyone know what the problem might be?
> The project on bitbucket is here:
> http://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/overview/
> It contains the code I used to try and build GDC with.

Okay, so I figured out a way around this - kind of.
In phobos/Makefile.in, line 244 is this:
internal/cast.o std/string.o internal/memset.o std/math.o \
when you change it to:
internal/cast.o std/string.o internal/memset.o \
GDC compiles, but it doesn't work. When you try to compile, it gives a bunch of undefined reference errors to std.math functions. So I would assume the problem is somewhere in math.d.