Status updates (and PPA packages) for gdc

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue Apr 27 04:34:18 PDT 2010

Joseph Wakeling Wrote:

> Hello,
>
> A couple of small requests, as one who is not skilled enough to work on GDC
> itself or to go compiling compilers (!) but who is very interested in the
> success of GDC ...

One need not be skilled to help out. Identifying bugs and providing minimal code and steps to reproduce is usually a good start.

> Second -- is there a chance of the D Language Packagers team on Ubuntu
> providing packages for gdc2 betas? :-)

I originally uploaded gdc as version 2, but the problems with it outweighed the positives (that and it broke every D software package in the Debian and Ubuntu repository), so got round to sorting out (kinda) the big show-stopper and switched it back to D1.

Am not opposed to having a separately named gdc2 package in a ppa, however. That can be arranged.