Array Operations

Michael Parrott baseball.mjp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 16:31:12 PDT 2010

Jonathan Crapuchettes Wrote:

> I followed the example in issue #30:
> http://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/issue/30/d_inlineasm-updates
>
> DFLAGS='-O2 -g -frelease -march=pentium3' ../configure --enable-languages=d
> --disable-multilib --disable-shared
>
> Is this wrong?
> JC
>
> Michael Parrott wrote:
> > Jonathan Crapuchettes Wrote:
> >
> >> I have been trying to add the SSE2 array operation code to the compilation, but
> >> it seems like the DFLAGS variable isn't being used. Can you offer any suggestions?
> >> Thank you,
> >> JC
> >
> > Did you set DFLAGS before running configure? If you didn't, that might be why.
> >
> > Example:
> >
> > DFLAGS="-g"
> > export DFLAGS
> > ../configure --enable-languages=d .....
> > make
> > sudo make install
> >
> > Something like that should work.

No, that should be fine.

What is wrong when you do that? Are there errors when you build? Does Phobos not seem to be taking advantage of the SSE operations?

In phobos/internal/array{byte, double, float, int, short}.d, you need to uncomment the sections labelled "version (D_InlineAsm_X86)" to enable the ASM code.