GDC - who does what?

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Fri Jan 22 08:35:42 PST 2010

Vincenzo Ampolo Wrote:

> Well, thanks for your page, but please let's concentrate all the
> informations about gdc in the gdc wiki in bitbucket. It's better for newbies
> to have a single place with all the informations they need.
>
> Again, everyone is elegible to edit the wiki, just contact me to have the
> writing rights for your account.

My idea was to put together a 'single place' that is clear and internally consistent. Wikis where everyone is eligible usually end up being inconsistent and sometimes confusing. It's also important to remember that these days, the newbies to GDC may well be newbies to Linux also and may not be accustomed to its somewhat terse documentation style.

I'm volunteering to do the jobs that most developers find tedious, like documentation, QA, tech support, and such. God knows why - when I was a working developer I always found that stuff a complete pain in the ass.

I agree with you 100% about packaging now I know that the appropriate contacts are there, and things are happening.

Thanks
Steve