D compiler as part of GCC

Jerry Quinn jlquinn at optonline.net
Sun Mar 7 18:25:11 PST 2010

Steve Teale Wrote:

> > In general is there interest in this project, especially contributing to
> > it?
> >

> Did anything come of this and the ensuing discussions?

At the moment, Walter is considering it.  Beyond that I don't know and don't want to put words in anyone's mouth.

I've been playing with writing one on my own in the meantime.  I fully expect it to be throwaway at such time as the DMD front end is contributed to the GCC project.  But, it's interesting to do anyway and I'm learning more about the front end of GCC in the process.

So far I've got most of the lexer and part of the parsing pass before semantic analysis.  That's the easy stuff.

Jerry