GDC 4.4.3

Steve Teale steve.teale at britseyeview.com
Sun Mar 21 10:49:44 PDT 2010

On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 12:38:29 -0400, Michael P. wrote:

> Steve Teale Wrote:
>
>> After some time, I have finally got GDC (DMD 2.015) to build and
>> compile Phobos2 with GCC-4.4.3.
>>
>> So far I have only built and run hello world, and a couple of small
>> test programs I made to investigate problems I had patching GCC.
>>
>> However, it's a start.
>>
>> What do I use for testing it - DStress?
>>
>> Steve
>
> Great news!
> Have you tested it with D1?
>
> Unfortunately, I do not have a real testing suite. One of the things I
> plan to do is have some example programs included with GDC so that the
> user can make sure everything is working okay. Some of the programs
> could be trivial, others could be to test commonly error prone code.
> Right now, all that's in there is a "Hello World" program.

Michael,

I haven't tested it with D1 - frankly it's not clear to me where D1 is
going.

There is an outstanding problem. Could you please try the following with
your latest D1 version:

import std.stdio;

int foo(int n)
{
    int inner(int m)
    {
        int ininner(int k)
        {
           writefln("foo.n = %d", n);
           return k+m+n+1;
        }

        return ininner(m)+n+1;
    }

    return inner(n)+n;
}

void main()
{
    int t = foo(22);
    writefln("t = %d", t);
}

This fails with mine, and with the latest GDC I got from Ubuntu.

Thanks
Steve