Adding gdc to gcc

Jerry Quinn jlquinn at optonline.net
Wed Nov 10 11:18:25 PST 2010

Walter Bright Wrote:

> Iain Buclaw wrote:
> > == Quote from Walter Bright (newshound2 at digitalmars.com)'s article
> >> I posted the question on this list:
> >>
> > http://www.listware.net/201011/gcc-gcc/25881-merging-gdc-gnu-d-compiler-into-gcc.html
> >> hopefully we can move forward with this.
> >
> Once I do the paperwork, it'll be up to you guys to convince gcc to merge it in!
> Getting gdc into the standard distribution will be a huge win for D.

Walter, it's great to see you've been able to find time to pursue this now!  I'll certainly add my 2 cents to get integration going :-)  I hope you can resolve the licensing issues to everyone's satisfaction.

Even if the licensing issues are sorted out today, I don't think it can realistically be added to the gcc source tree before 4.7.  They're already in stage 3, which will preclude any changes to the main compiler if needed.

cheers,
Jerry