ArchLinux packages

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Sun Nov 14 03:06:45 PST 2010

Iain Buclaw wrote:
> I'm currently working on fixing tango runtime for gdc (using a modified bob.sh to
> build)
>
> Here is the ticket in tango:
> http://dsource.org/projects/tango/ticket/2010
>
> Any feedback or WIP patches would be helpful.

	The latest Tango trunk works with the latest gdc Mercurial. Thanks
Iain!

	However, I tried running the GC benchmark from
http://dsource.org/projects/tango/wiki/GCBenchmark. It works with
Tango but it segfaults with Phobos. When running it in gdb I saw
that at some point an object has a null vptr:

==============================8<------------------------------
 > gdb testgc
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.2
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.  Type "show
copying"
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from /home/jerome/prog/d/testgc...done.
(gdb) r
Starting program: /home/jerome/prog/d/testgc

0x0000000000402a3d in check (this=...) at testgc.d:12
12	        return (left is null) ? item : (item + left.check() -
right.check());
(gdb) print this.left
$1 = (struct TreeNode &) @0x7ffff7fb0f40: {<> = {_vptr$ = 0x420760,
_monitor = 0x0}, item = -129788, left = @0x0, right = @0x0}