Win64/MinGW

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Tue Nov 16 03:18:31 PST 2010

== Quote from Anders F Björklund (afb at algonet.se)'s article
> >> I'm thinking of working on getting GDC MinGW binaries up somewhere. I
> >> understand the MinGW build process is highly non-trivial, and I'm
> >> trying to
> >> decide if it's worth the effort. What is the status of MinGW for 64-bit
> >> Windows? Is there any theoretical reason why 64-bit GDC for MinGW
> >> shouldn't
> >> work? If not, then I'll try to make it work.
> >
> > It may be a good start to build 32bit Windows binaries for GDC (and
> > maybe provide an installer or something) and, with that experience, try
> > to get 64bit Windows binaries.
> > I don't know if there's any reason why 64bit Windows binaries shouldn't
> > work.
> Building GDC MinGW binaries wasn't _that_ complicated before,
> the only trick* was making relocatable (away from C:\MinGW)...
> Mostly ./configure && make, after all the patching was done ?
> Like this: http://gdcwin.sourceforge.net/gcc-3.4.5-build.sh
> --anders
> *

http://www.digitalmars.com/pnews/read.php?server=news.digitalmars.com&group=D.gnu&artnum=2252

As far as I'm aware, for GCC4 on MinGW, you need to build MPFR and GMP first to
link against the compiler, else it just won't run. I'd be interested to know if
someone has tried building the above way though.

Regards
Iain