Win64/MinGW

Anders F Björklund afb at algonet.se
Tue Nov 16 06:50:37 PST 2010

Iain Buclaw wrote:
>> Mostly ./configure && make, after all the patching was done ?
>> Like this: http://gdcwin.sourceforge.net/gcc-3.4.5-build.sh
>
> As far as I'm aware, for GCC4 on MinGW, you need to build MPFR and GMP first to
> link against the compiler, else it just won't run. I'd be interested to know if
> someone has tried building the above way though.

I think an updated build script (for gcc-4.2.1-sjlj-2) is at:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mingw/MinGW/BaseSystem/GCC/Version4/Previous%20Testing_%20gcc-4.2.1-sjlj%20-2/gcc-4.2.1-build-sjlj-2.sh

All I changed the previous time was to remove Fortran/Ada/etc:
http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/mingw/MinGW/BaseSystem/GCC/Version3/Previous%20Release_%20gcc-3.4.5-20060117-1/gcc-3.4.5-build.sh

From:
	--host=mingw32
	--prefix=/mingw
	--enable-languages=c,c++,f77,ada,objc,java
To:
	--host=i386-mingw32
	--prefix=/gdc
	--enable-languages=c,c++,d

And wrapped gdmd with pl2bat, to avoid having to use the .pl extension.
Then the installer was made with NSIS. (http://nsis.sourceforge.net/)

--anders