gdc for D1 on x86_64

"Jérôme M. Berger" jeberger at free.fr
Sun Oct 17 03:29:53 PDT 2010

Iain Buclaw wrote:
> Strange, I thought I fixed this in commit 282, but according to history it got
> reverted back in 288 by accident. Thanks for letting us know!

	I'm not sure if it is related, but the following code prints "NOK":

====================8<--------------------
import std.stdio;
import std.regexp;

void main()
{
   auto expr = new RegExp ("^a*\\[$", "g");
   if (expr.test ("["))
      writefln ("OK");
   else
      writefln ("NOK");
}
-------------------->8====================

	Removing the "a*" from the regexp or replacing the square bracket
with "b" causes it to print "OK". There are other cases where it
will fail, but all seem to involve a backslash in the expression.

	This used to work with gdc two years ago and it works with dmd 1.064.

==> gdc --version
gdc (GCC) 4.4.5
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There
is NO
PURPOSE.

==> uname -a
Linux wraith 2.6.35-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Sep 29 08:45:18 CEST
2010 x86_64 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

		Jerome
mailto:jeberger at free.fr
http://jeberger.free.fr