ArchLinux packages

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Sun Oct 17 15:23:24 PDT 2010

> Iain Buclaw wrote:
> > =3D=3D Quote from "J=C3=A9r=C3=B4me M. Berger" (jeberger at free.fr)'s art=
> icle
> >> 	Hi,
> >> 	I'm officially deprecating the old ArchLinux gdc-svn package.
> >> Instead I've uploaded two packages: gdc1-hg [1] and gdc2-hg [2] for
> >> D1 and D2 respectively.
> >> 	It appears that Tango is not compatible with recent versions of
> >> gdc: I get this message: "mismatch between dmd and object.d or
> >> object.di found" whatever I do, which prevents me from updating the
> >> gdc-tango package.
> >> 		Jerome
> >> [1] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=3D3D41890
> >> [2] http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=3D3D41891
> >
> > Which version of Tango are you using, or where are you getting it from?=
> >
> 	I'm using version 0.99.9 from
> http://downloads.dsource.org/projects/tango/0.99.9/tango-0.99.9-src.tar.g=
> 		Jerome

Looks like Tango has not been able to keep up with the speed of GDC updates, so
quite a number of the hacks they do on behalf of GDC in that release are no longer
necessary.

Has already been fixed in the trunk.
http://dsource.org/projects/tango/changeset/5520

I cannot comment on whether or not the trunk builds though (mwarning is probably
the best person to ask). I should pay more attention/give it a try sometime though. =)

Regards
Iain