Unresolved symbols when program imports std.regex

GrahamC grahamc001uk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Dec 23 10:38:19 PST 2011

>> If I include additional modules on the compilation command line like this:
>>
>> gdc test.d /opt/gdc/include/d2/4.6.2/std/internal/uni.d /opt/gdc/include/d2/4.6.2/std/internal/uni_tab.d
>>
>> where test.d is my program, all symbols resolve OK.
>>
>> Does this indicate a problem in the building of libgphobos2.a or have I made a mistake in configuring gdc
>> prior to compiling it ? I don't see any open issues listed for regex on

> Yeah, looks like the phobos lib is missing these.
> Did you properly update, i.e. with gcc/d/setup-gcc.sh -v2 --update?

Yes, I did this, I notice there are two modules named uni.d :

./d/phobos2/std/internal/uni.d
./d/phobos2/std/uni.d

If I manually compile and add the first to libgphobos2.a I have to rename the .o file first to prevent it overwriting
the object module of the latter one. So maybe this is the problem in the library build process - only one of them
ends up in the library.