Debugging gdc

Mike Farnsworth mike.farnsworth at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 11:18:02 PST 2011

In my adventures with adding gcc __builtin_* functions, I was able to get them to work if I defined any VECTOR_TYPE gcc trees as a D struct (long story, for another post).  When adding the builtin structs, if I registered the struct definitions in the gcc.builtins module, and then built phobos2, it would ICE with a segfault.  But, if I didn't add those definitions, the regular D code I was compiling wouldn't know the types.  (I built phobos2 without registering them, then rebuilt gdc with them registered without building phobos2 again in order to make it work).  I am utterly unable to attach gdb to gdc to catch the crash, though.

How do I debug gdc to find where the crash happens?  Am I relegated to the printf debugger? =)

-Mike