Compiling with gdc vs. gdmd

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Tue Apr 3 02:56:24 PDT 2012

On 2012-04-03 11:06, Iain Buclaw wrote:

> Make is fairly simple.  What makes it the complex beast it is - IMO -
> when used in conjunction with autotools.  :-)

I would say that Make is the most horrible build system I've ever used.
I guess I have most problem with the makefiles and their syntax. I mean,
why would I need to specify all the files I want to compile myself. Have
a look at the Phobos posix makefile for example. You need to specify the
files more than once, that's even more stupid. DSSS was a good build
system, you just had to say:

[main.d]

For an executable or

[lib]

For a library. It will then automatically figure out all dependencies.

--
/Jacob Carlborg