Compiling with gdc vs. gdmd

Robert Clipsham robert at octarineparrot.com
Tue Apr 3 13:36:00 PDT 2012

On 03/04/2012 03:35, Andrew Wiley wrote:
> Unless you want someone else to build your software.
> My biggest frustration with open source software and specifically with
> meta build systems is that I don't want to learn a scripting language

So use D! I use D for my build script, works just fine.

https://github.com/mrmonday/serenity/blob/master/build.d

In ~365 LoC that I hacked together and didn't put much effort in to it
builds a library and a binary, prints a coloured status update, supports
parallel and remote builds, debug and release builds and a few other things.

Bonuses:
  * You get a full, awesome language to use
  * It's fast and easy
  * It's very maintainable by anyone who's working on your code (since
they already know D)

--
Robert
http://octarineparrot.com/