Compiling with gdc vs. gdmd

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Apr 5 08:42:49 PDT 2012

On 05/04/12 13:16, Leandro Lucarella wrote:
> Joseph Rushton Wakeling, el  4 de abril a las 15:43 me escribiste:
>> To see why it matters, imagine a corporate entity releasing a large,
>> complex piece of software where the code was under a free licence
>> but the build system was proprietary and internal to the company.
>> It'd be a major block to practically enjoying the licence freedoms.
>
> This is new to GPLv3 right? Because several companies are already doing
> this, specially companies selling small devices with Linux, usually they

No, it's also in GPLv2, but in Section 3, with slightly different language:

   The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making
   modifications to it. For an executable work, complete source code means all
   the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface
   definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and
   installation of the executable.

[... see https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html ...]