Compiling with gdc vs. gdmd

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Thu Apr 5 11:31:14 PDT 2012

On 05/04/12 18:16, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> In that case, that doesn't stop Waf though - your Waf build script is just in
> plain source form while Waf itself (which runs the script) is in compressed form.

But it does, for exactly the reasons I outlined.  GPL-wise, that zipped-up part
would be considered part of the build script -- after all, it's included in it,
and so covered by the GPL provisions.

It would be different if it was an entirely independent package separately
installed on the system, but as we already discussed, Waf is not designed to be
used that way.