Compiling with gdc vs. gdmd

Joseph Rushton Wakeling joseph.wakeling at webdrake.net
Fri Apr 6 06:00:20 PDT 2012

On 06/04/12 08:11, Alex Rønne Petersen wrote:
> OK, I understand what you're saying, but I think there's a misunderstanding
> here: With Waf, you *do* write a build script like you do with e.g. Make, and
> this so-called wscript sits outside Waf. See for example:
> https://github.com/lycus/mci/blob/master/wscript
>
> The Waf binary loads up this script and executes it when you issue build
> commands, much like Make does for Makefiles.

Yes, but -- if I understand correctly -- the Waf binary is provided as an
integral part of the source distribution.  It's not just another program that
sits elsewhere on your computer and can be installed independently.

In fact, the zipped-up wscript is contained within the build script as a binary
blob, no?  This alone is enough to make it fall under the GPL provisions.