Compiling with gdc vs. gdmd

Kagamin spam at here.lot
Mon Apr 9 07:24:56 PDT 2012

On Friday, 6 April 2012 at 13:00:34 UTC, Joseph Rushton Wakeling
wrote:
> Yes, but -- if I understand correctly -- the Waf binary is
> provided as an integral part of the source distribution.  It's
> not just another program that sits elsewhere on your computer
> and can be installed independently.
>
> In fact, the zipped-up wscript is contained within the build
> script as a binary blob, no?  This alone is enough to make it
> fall under the GPL provisions.

GPL doesn't prohibit distribution in binary form, it's about
rights, not form. For example, Linux is distributed in binary
form and that's not a problem. Though, it's a perfectly
meaningful demand to have waf sources in repository. A
source-only package should not cause any harm, should it?