D on the Raspberry Pi

Stefan Frijters sfrijters at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 05:31:03 PDT 2012

On Saturday, 11 August 2012 at 07:20:35 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> Am Fri, 10 Aug 2012 18:40:46 +0200
> schrieb "Stefan Frijters" <sfrijters at gmail.com>:
>
>> I found some time to test some more configurations: the most
>> recent version on the master branch combined with the 20120805
>> snapshot of gcc 4.8 failed with the same errors as reported
>> above. Using gcc 4.7.1 (both a fresh copy and a patched copy
>> from the debian repo) I run into a new error. The configure
>> reports two errors (which I didn't notice first time around)
>> which then leads to a compilation error later:
>>
>> *snip errors*
>
> Can you paste libgcc's config.log at some pastebin? I guess
> it should be
> at
> /home/pi/gcc-4.7.1/objdir/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libgcc/config.log

Ugh, I was in a hurry yesterday and while cleaning up some stuff
(8GB SD card fills up mighty quickly when doing these
compilations) I accidentally rm -rf'ed the wrong copy of the
build, including the logs. So then I set it to compile again
(still rushed) and now I found it's giving completely different
errors. Moral of the story: I shouldn't try to do this sort of
thing without ample time to check what I'm doing. As I managed to
break some packages along the way as well while installing the
dependencies of gcc I will now just take a step back, flash a
fresh copy of raspbian and do the whole thing from scratch, based
on the Debian gcc sources (4.7.1) and the gdc-4.7 branch of GDC.

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,

Stefan