GDC Build Failing

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Mon Feb 6 08:31:40 PST 2012

On 6 February 2012 16:14, Steve Teale <steve.teale at britseyeview.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 06 Feb 2012 13:17:00 +0000, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>
>> On 6 February 2012 12:50, Steve Teale <steve.teale at britseyeview.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I'm having a failure compiling libgcc2.c - fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h:
>>> No such file or directory.
>>>
>>> I got round that by copying the file from
>>> /usr/include/i386-linux-gnu/gnu intp /usr/include/gnu.
>>>
>>> Then the build goes on, but later I get get:
>>>
>>> checking dynamic linker characteristics... configure: error: Link tests
>>> are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Steve
>>
>> Looks like you don't have 32bit headers installed on your machine.  If
>> you can't obtain them, build with --disable-multilib.
>
> OK, perhaps a pertinent question is what is the default build? I have 32
> bit Ubuntu installed on a 64 bit two core machine.
>
> The header in question is there and specifically under i396-gnu, so I
> have some 32 bit headers. Would it not complain about others?
>
> Steve
>

>> Regards.

For Ubuntu and Debian, being that i386 and x86_64 (possibly others)
are multi-arch systems, you may need to set-up LIBRARY_PATH and CPATH.

In ~/.bashrc:

LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
CPATH=/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu
export LIBRARY_PATH CPATH

I have said this at least a dozen times, this must be documented somewhere... :)

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';