Roadmap

Johannes Pfau nospam at example.com
Wed Feb 15 10:21:29 PST 2012

Am Mon, 13 Feb 2012 19:30:07 +0000
schrieb Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com>:

> On 13 February 2012 18:46, Johannes Pfau <nospam at example.com> wrote:
> > Am Mon, 23 Jan 2012 20:13:26 +0000 (UTC)
> > schrieb Iain Buclaw <ibuclaw at ubuntu.com>:
> >
> >> Started an initial list for our roadmap for the next month.
> >>
> >> https://bitbucket.org/goshawk/gdc/wiki/Roadmap
> >>

> >> Daniel, if there's anything you could help on, please don't
> >> hesitate to contact me. :)
> >>

> >> Regards
> >> Iain
> >
> > "Re-structure project directories to match that of GCC"
> >
> > can you give some more information about that? Will druntime,
> > phobos1 and phobos2 all get own subdirectories in the gcc folder?
> > I'll try to make druntime buildable out-of-tree, so it'd be good to
> > know.
> >

> Yeah, D1 and D2 will have to be split from each other, as the library
> folders share the same name, thus conflict.
>
> The new directory structure will be:
>
> /
> ... /gcc
> ... ... /d
> ... ... ... /dfrontend
> ... /libphobos
> ... ... /core

Is there a special reason why you want to keep druntime & phobos in one
directory? If you just don't have the time to split druntime & phobos,
I could do it. I've already partially done this when
adding support for out-of-tree builds to druntime (That's working now,
but I need a little more time to clean up the patches and test multilib)