Release: MinGW64 GCC 4.6.1 GDC 232cd89d90b4

Daniel Green venix1 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 19:12:29 PST 2012

On 2/16/2012 3:25 PM, Andrew Wiley wrote:
> Trouble is that this a few thousand line codebase. I'll see what I can
> do about getting a reduced sample.
If I can get a copy I'll look at it when I have some free time. A
reduced case helps tremendously but isn't necessary.

> I was mostly wondering whether you've seen anything like this before,
> but it sounds like you haven't.
I have a few thoughts about what could be causing it. When the call
history disappears it can be mean that the stack is being corrupted.
Another common symptom of stack corruption is returning to weird
functions.

Are you using -m32 to compile the code?  If not can it be compiled with
-m32?  The latest MinGW compiler is 64-bit by default and it's possible
some function calls have not been updated resulting in passing 32-bit
value when a 64-bit value is needed or passing 64-bit values to
functions that only want 32-bit values.

As for the extra thread the runtime starts a thread for the GC inside
the initialization routine.  It may still exist with GC.disable().