Dropping support for gcc 4.2.x to 4.4.x

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at ubuntu.com
Wed Jan 4 06:39:29 PST 2012

On 4 January 2012 07:14, Jacob Carlborg <doob at me.com> wrote:
> On 2012-01-04 01:33, Iain Buclaw wrote:
>>
>> Morning,
>>
>> I will be dropping support for a few older gcc versions in the next week
>> and a
>> bit. I was thinking removing all code for everything up to gcc-4.5,
>> meaning
>> gdc will no longer build with gcc 4.2.x, 4.3.x and 4.4.x releases.  If
>> anyone
>> has any objections, or requires continued support for these older versions
>> of
>> gcc, please let me know or shout up here, and I will make necessary
>> arrangements.
>>

>> Regards
>> Iain
>

> That means no support for the Apple GCC. It's stuck at 4.2, I guess they
> putting their effort on Clang and LLVM.
>
> --
> /Jacob Carlborg

If I recall correctly, there are GCC binding to LLVM, are there not?
Apple has always been a bit of a difficult system for me as I don't
have the OS to test on (actually, this is true for Windows too).    I
have made a new branch in the repository that is at the moment current
and will maintain support for the older releases.  If someone wishes
to maintain it, I have no problem there.

--
Iain Buclaw

*(p < e ? p++ : p) = (c & 0x0f) + '0';